Friday, October 31, 2008

Tantra Online: Mandara Map


In an earlier post this month I gave my opinion of Tantra Online: a new/old 3d mmorpg that has been around for a while in Korea and the Philipenes, but that has just now opened up its Global servers.

I was really taken by the game: its interesting classes, good leveling speed, nice graphics and environments and a more than decent storyline. The thing that annoyed me however was that some of the starting quests had me running around the whole map, killing enemies that were too far apart. I know this is a common element of many games, but in this case, I got really frustrated.

Instead of abandoning the game however, I decided to map out the enemies, thus providing me and anyone else that wanted to play Tantra, or that was simply stuck on a quest, with some relief:


And some quick words of advice:

1. Complete the first few quests quickly.
2. Use the teleporters to finish quests easily.
3. Go to Mandara dungeon to level quickly after lv10. Party with mages for fast leveling, as they have strong AOE spells.
4. Libertine is a boss-like mob, with a lot of HP.
5. Talk to all of the NPCs every once in a while. They have hidden quests.
6. Purchase some teleportation scrolls. You can quickly port back to town to empty your inventory and then return to your hunting ground using the town's teleporter.

I still havent figured out how to enchant items, so I'm saving all the upgrade items in my warehouse. I'll post back with a quick guide when I figure it out.

No comments: